We’re looking for a new concession staff member to join our team! Submit your resume by Wednesday June 22nd, 2022. This is your chance to work at Toronto’s best cinema!
Position Title: Concessions Staff
Date: Thursday June 16, 2022
About the Revue
The Revue Cinema is a not-for-profit, community run cinema in Toronto’s Roncesvalles
neighbourhood. The Revue opened in 1912, making it the oldest operating cinema in Toronto.
Over the last several years, the Revue has become the go-to venue for event-driven cinema
and has been named Toronto’s Best Independent Film Venue by NOW Magazine readers for
three years in a row. The Revue connects the community through film, arts and culture.
Concessions Staff Overview
Reporting to the Assistant Manager on duty, the Concessions Staff provides excellent customer
service while also maintaining the cleanliness of the theatre.
- Prepares and serves a variety of concession items quickly and efficiently
- Serves alcoholic beverages according to Smart Serve standards
- Accurately processes cash, debit and credit transactions
- Greets and directs customers through the theatre
- Maintains an organized and presentable concession stand, handles all equipment safely and properly
- Thoroughly and frequently cleans the concession, lobby, theatre and bathroom areas
- Follows all health & safety procedures
- Maintains knowledge of Revue programming and events
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- Smart Serve certified
- Food service and cash handling experience required
- Previous movie theatre experience an asset
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment an asset
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated, with strong initiative
- Professional, positive and courteous attitude
- Able to stay cool, calm and focused under pressure
- Team oriented
- Good at multitasking and able to prioritize tasks
- Enthusiasm for film and events
This is a part-time, hourly position, requiring a minimum of two shifts per week. The schedule includes shifts on evenings, weekends and holidays – weeknight availability is required. This is not a summer job, we’re looking for someone to join us this summer & stay with us come fall. Must be available to start immediately.
$15.75 per hour, plus tips.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com by 6PM on Wednesday, June 22.